Like free WiFi and having a fully stocked kitchen. And the VIEWS.
This modern, magical house has everything you need to make your stay a happy one.
– JTNP. The Joshua Tree National Park West Entrance is 5 minutes away.
– RE-UP. Eat, drink and visit the farmer’s market in Joshua Tree Village, just 5 minutes away.
– SKY. The desert stars and moon here in Joshua Tree are so close you could touch them. Satisfy your curiosity by peering at them through the Spirit Wind telescope.
– VIBRATIONS. Spirit Wind is made for music! Spin the house vinyl or your own favorite records on Spirit Wind’s vintage mid-70s Dual turntable. One of its wonders of this house is the astounding acoustics. Play the house guitar, do a song circle.
– LIFE. Get your wild on! There is world class rock climbing, hiking and mountain biking nearby. Explore the many Joshua trees, cholla and beavertail cactus, and other native plants of Spirit Wind. Spot Spirit Wind’s abundant bunnies, quail, dove, roadrunner and owls. At night listen for the coyotes’ moonlight rustle and howl.
– ALIGNMENT. Get centered. Spirit Wind is designed to harmonize with the planets — windows and walls align with sun and moon to trace and make manifest equinoxes of both Spring and Fall. Relax deeply.
Rooms, Beds & Bedrooms
- Master Bedroom – With private master bath looking out on the desert so you can shower or enjoy a bath while bathed in the morning sunlight. Twin sinks and private balcony with bench. Toilet area continuous with the rest of the suite so take care if you’re ultra-modest. On the second floor, with a King bed that sleeps 2
- West Wing Bedroom – Cozy and private on the second floor with a King bed that sleeps 2.
- Crows Nest Bedroom – Perched up on the third floor, high above everything and includes a meditation alcove. Privacy curtain. Queen bed which sleeps 2.
- Opium Den – Lounge with your friends and enjoy the view from this charming area off the living room. Easily accommodates 2 for sleeping.
- Gallery – Second floor area at the base of the spiral stairs near the West Wing bedroom. Convertible modern couch unfolds to queen size comfy sleeping for 2.
- Living room – Soaring twenty foot ceiling, with large lounge space and turntable.
- Library – Hang out and feed your mind with art objects, picture books and the telescope in this high ceiling and plush carpeted area. There is a huge built in desk if you need to get work done.
- Entertain in style using Spirit Wind’s complete gourmet kitchen — six burner stove — place settings for 12.
- Dining table comfortably seats 10, plus 4 more friends or family at counter seating.
- Evenings enjoy drinks outdoors around our gas fire pit. Cook burgers on the Spirit Wind grill.
- Patio with Acapulco chairs
- Hot tub that seats 6 people
- 2 picnic tables
- Gas grill
- Hammock circle (communal shared with the property)
- Horseshoe pit (communal shared with the property)
- Gas fire pit (communal shared with the property)
On the property we also have a detached guest house, art studio, wood shop and RV parking. The owners or other guests may be staying on the property.
Interaction with Guests
We love meeting guests, but we split our time between Spirit Wind and our house in Los Angeles so we may or may not be around during your stay. If we are staying in the guest house, we would be happy to give you an architectural tour of the property. That being said, we generally let our guests relax and if you need anything you can just text us!